Wolfie the Wonder Horse!

Wolfie the Wonder Horse!
Wolfie, 24/02/08

Sunday 16 September 2012

Just a little catch up








Wolfie and I have managed to stay fairly busy in between the rain showers.  Weather and ground permitting we have been walking up a fair amount of fat busting hills and having short schooling sessions if there aren't too many puddles.  There is one thing that Wolfie finds particularly difficult in life and that is to stand still.  We have been working hard on this and play a game of statues where we are gradually increasing the length of time that he stands still, particularly whilst he is tied up.  This has been improving greatly whilst I am there with him and I can cue him with my voice to stand even loose in the stable and he is to 2 and a half minutes now, however if I go out of sight or leave him, he reverts back to, well doing his own thing, which doesn't involve standing still.  To be fair, we haven't even got anywhere near me taking steps away, so a lot of work to be done still.  The other day I was just about to get on him and go for a ride when I realised I had left my phone in the car.  He was tacked up so I just put his headcollar on and tied him up outside the stable whilst I quickly nipped to the car to get my phone.  I was gone probably less than a minute but on my return I found him just about to smash up my saddle holder and mounting stool.  Yep, one day I will learn not to leave anything within his reach.












We finished our 'tester pots' of the itch ointment and the hoof therapy balm.  We now have big pots of each as so far I have to say that I am really impressed with both.  Sorry the photographs aren't very clear, I will try and take some pictures of the feet after I have applied the balm outside in daylight.  I have been using the itch ointment as a sort of multi purpose cream and have used it on Wolfie's mud fever over the last couple of weeks with great results.  I will do an in depth review on both a little later on.  Proper update and post to follow.

  
  

1 comment:

clairesgarden said...

Wolfie looks awesome!!