Wolfie the Wonder Horse!

Wolfie the Wonder Horse!
Wolfie, 24/02/08

Sunday 5 December 2010

It snow funny

What a week.  I don't think I've ever seen snow like this, well here anyway.  Luckily my Dad very kindly let me use his truck all week, meaning I've been able to get to the stables and up the driveway.  If not I'd have had to walk to the stables as the roads were so bad, my car wouldn't have made it.  The truck is great, it doesn't even seem to notice the snow.

The boys have been great.  Wolfie loves the snow and seems almost put out that everyone else doesn't find it as exciting and as much fun as he does.  Buttons doesn't mind it, but it's too deep for him and walking around must be tiring on his little legs, but like everything else he comes across in life, he makes the most of it without complaint.

Waiting on a bus?


I put Buttons and Wolfie in the school today to try and take their photograph, but Wolfie just wanted to play and the snow was way too deep for Buttons to move in, never mind play.

Come back, please play with me!

The snow is practically up to Buttons' belly

Wolfie began to get a bit insistent that Buttons play with him, so I took Buttons out and left Wolfie to play by himself.  I wish my camera was better, he was doing some great vertical bucks, but my camera is too slow to capture them on film.



















Everybody loves Buttons
Possibly, the cutest pony in the world
So, no riding.  I don't really mind, it doesn't do any horse, especially a youngster any harm to have a holiday, some time off to recharge physically and mentally.  As long as this doesn't go on too long.  The snow has postponed our plans to get out and about in the trailer, but there's no rush.  I've decided to join the riding club after Christmas.  The boys have been so good and I know I am biast, but I feel very lucky to have such nice horses who are so special in their own individual ways.

Snowman!

1 comment:

clairesgarden said...

eveybody does love Buttons! Wolfie is so photogenic, bet he loved messing up all that snow!! we should turn him out with Abbey, she loves it too!