Wolfie the Wonder Horse!

Wolfie the Wonder Horse!
Wolfie, 24/02/08

Wednesday 9 June 2010

The rain is back. It was needed as the stream in the horses field had dried up and the ground was rock solid. It was really muggy on Tuesday night when the rain came on. I watched Wolfie grazing and he seemed to be enjoying the rain. I took Buttons up to his field and turned him out. All the mares were grazing and also seemed to be enjoying the rain. What did Buttons do, tossed his head and went and stood inside the field shelter. For a pony who is supposed to be able to withstand the hardiest of conditions, he can be very precious. He really doesn't like the rain. I went out last night to do some muck picking in Buttons field. Buttons came over and was wandering around the wheelbarrow. My barrow was pretty much full and as I turned to put my last load in I heard a clatter. The very helpful Buttons had tipped the wheelbarrow over and looked like he was trying to stand on it upturned. He tips the wheelbarrow over when it's on the yard, I thought it would be too heavy for him full, obviously not. Outwitted again by the pint size pony. He was a bit upset tonight as the girls have moved into another field. I asked for Buttons to stay behind for a few days to let the others eat the grass down before he goes in. So he's with another two ponies for a few days and then they will be put in with the mares again. I'm totally fed up with everything . I'd prepared myself for the saddle coming last week but it wasn't finished. Not sure when it will be ready.

No comments: