Wolfie the Wonder Horse!

Wolfie the Wonder Horse!
Wolfie, 24/02/08

Wednesday 30 May 2012

Wolfie and I really haven't been doing much over the last week due to it being so hot. We're just not used to it.
The midges are here in full force and also something called the black fly. Little Buttons is quite sensitive to bites and is covered in lumps. Honey seems ok so far and so does Wolfie. Although Wolfie is allergic to the buttercups (I think it's quite common in pink nosed horses that the buttercups make them more photosensitive). Anyway, his nose is all burnt and scabby and looks sore. I've tried sun cream on him, but he just rubs it off. I've been putting sudo cream on his nose to try and heal it up but I'm normally wearing most of the sudo cream by the time we get to the field. He has got a full face fly mask which covers the nose so I may have to try that as it's supposed to keep the uv rays out. I'm on the look out again for fly sprays which are not full of chemicals. I think I'll probably get one of the ride on fly masks as well. He gets pretty upset out riding with the flies around his face and ears, don't blame him.

No comments: